Medicinal Chemist (Research Associate)
The Center for Molecular Innovation and Drug Discovery (CMIDD) at Northwestern University has an opening for a talented and motivated individual to carry out synthetic organic and medicinal chemistry research. CMIDD is a collaborative research center at Northwestern University that engages with faculty across the university to perform medicinal chemistry and drug discovery research for highly innovative and new targets for human disease.
The Medicinal Chemist at CMIDD will perform small molecule design, synthesis, and purification related to CMIDD projects and goals using modern synthetic techniques and parallel chemistry approaches. They will assist with hit-to-lead efforts for multiple drug discovery projects and will work with collaborators to validate hits and conduct subsequent lead optimization studies. The ideal candidate will have substantial synthetic experience and a strong knowledge of medicinal chemistry.
This position offers excellent opportunities for intellectual growth and exposure to cutting edge biomedical research. This opening is ideal for the candidate who can work effectively in a team environment while making independent and creative contributions. This is a research position at the rank of Research Associate. This is a term position for up to three years, with an opportunity for renewal based on performance and available funding.
- PhD in organic or medicinal chemistry with 1-2 years of experience as a postdoc or in industry is required.
- Strong technical abilities and a solid foundation in the principles and methods of synthetic organic and medicinal chemistry are essential.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and a desire to engage in team-based research and collaboration are necessary.
- Familiarity with biological principles to integrate effectively with biologists at the University is essential.
- Prior experience carrying out biological screening would be a plus.
Submit application online for Job ID: 34829 – Medicinal Chemist (Research Associate) at Northwestern University Careers (https://careers.northwestern.edu/).